Ok…here it is…these were the cookies we served at our Holiday Open House this past weekend. They were so yummy and we got tons of requests! Thanks Mom!
Chocolate Shot Cookies
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup uncooked oatmeal (I use Quick Oats)
- Chocolate sprinkles, for rolling
- With an electric mixer, cream together butter and sugar, beating until fluffy. Add vanilla.
- Stir together flour and baking soda; add to butter mixture. Stir in oatmeal and mix well.
- Chill dough for at least 30 minutes
- Shape dough into a log and roll in chocolate sprinkles.
- Slice cookies into quarter-inch and place on an ungreased cookie sheet
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 15-20 minutes (check after 15)